Saturday 3 January 2015

Trendy fashion accessory for Spring Summer 2015

And I was even ahead of my time. Last year I spent a good deal of my time walking around or riding trams with a bicycle frame in my hand. Sometimes these bicycle frames were looking really good, with brand new paint and lacquer jobs, but mostly they looked really scruffy. First I renovated two old bicycles of mine, and then I built a brand new one. And by built, I of course mean that I bought a frame + fork, bought all the components and then mounted most of it myself. Not all of it, though, because for some stuff you needed specilised tools that I don't have, and that's why I was carrying it around. Like a Persian guy with a heavy accent, in a hamburger stand, said to me: "Most people are riding around on their bikes, but in this case it looks as if the bike is riding you!" Yeah...

So all around I went with my frame, getting it blasted, painted, had components removed or mounted. Then, just as summer turned to autumn, I spotted a guy... a hipster, in a bike shop where I was to buy a tube, with a worn old bike frame over his shoulder. And then, a few weeks later, another hipster with another old bike frame. And just a few days ago I spotted this

(We borrowed the photo from the Claes Göran homepage - we hope that's OK! But we could't find the photographer's name.)

ad for Claes Göran, in the Swedish magazine Filter. I am not going to comment on the model's style or clothes or on his facial expression - judge for yourselves - but I am going to comment on the bike frame in his hand: It's broken. Or it could possibly work as an alternative, very unstable chair.

Anyway, the best thing about this new trendy fashion accessory is that an old bike frame is much cheaper than a Michael Kors bag or a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes! Although, admittedly, not as good looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment