Saturday 24 January 2015

Men skärp er!

"Pull your socks up!" just doesn't quite do it. "Skärp dig!" (one person) or, in this case "Men skärp er!" (two or more persons) means "Stop acting like a fool and be serious!" but there's more to it. It also means "What you say or do is so utterly stupid that I just can't take it seriously!" So: Skärp er! When I walked to a restaurant yesterday - a 10 minute walk (not even worth it to take the bike) - I encountered three bicyclists.

Bicyclist #1. Almost blinded my sight (and I was on the sidewalk - not on the bicycle lane) with a super strong headlight.

Bicyclist #2. Almost ran me over, since she ignored the traffic rule, which said that she should give way to me.

Bicyclist #3. Stopped in the middle of the bike lane, where it was at it's narrowest, to pick up her mobile phone and answer it.

Some bicyclists... Dip your headlight, obey the traffic rules and pull to the side when you pick up the phone! Pull your socks up!

(We didn't take this photo, we borrowed it from Flickr. Hope that's OK! And we don't know the guy on the photo either - we're sure that he's a nice guy, who rides his bike responsibly.)
Ride safe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment