Sunday 31 May 2015

Just a low key Sunday blog post

First of all, the Giro d'Italia is now over and it was won by Alberto Contador, from Tinkoff-Saxo. Congratulations Alberto! (And you know what we think of hunting, so we won't bring that up again.)

Secondly, this Thursday I spotted a Merida Biking Team van and a couple of flags outside the hotel opposite where I live. Quite naturally I was intrigued, especially since a door on the hotel was open and I saw a mannequin in Lampre Merida clothing in there. So I peeked in, two guys inside spotted me, asked if I was coming for the lecture that was to be given, I said that I wasn't invited and that was pretty much it. These guys were really friendly, they told me that what was happening was that Merida was out on a "Bicycle Vasa Tour". The tour was quite short, they only visited Stockholm and Gothenburg and it is over now. During these evenings one could listen to a couple of lectures about training and diet/food, especially for the Vasa mountainbike race, which is in August. You could try some Merida bikes (some really expensive ones) and I also spotted that they were handing out goodie bags. The guys invited me, said that I could come if I wanted, but I couldn't so I don't know what was in the goodie bags. But I guess this is all cool. I only took a couple of photos:



Ride safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment