Wednesday 7 May 2014

Marisol, part 3

This was the final (though not final final) result of  my renovation of the bike. Raw polished steel, with four layers of lacquer to protect it. Note the black plastic tape covering the gash in the seat stay. Looking back it was a completely retarded idea to use a bike with a gash in the seat stay but as I wrote before I was saved later. There is also some black plastic tape in front where the logo was to be mounted, but at the time I had no idea how to fasten it the metal emblem. I was looking everywhere for a pair of small screws - about 1 1/2 mm thick and no more than 6 mm long - but couldn't find any, neither at an optician nor at a watchmaker. So in the meantime she looked like this. Yeah, perhaps the biggest change was that I started thinking of the bike as a "her" and named her Marisol. The brand of the bike is Maraton, a bike of course is a she and since Maraton has three syllables Marisol is the logical choice. Besides, I like Marisol.



No comments:

Post a Comment