Sunday 1 November 2015

Giant ATX 777

I got a Giant ATX mountainbike today, from one of my neighbours. Or rather, I got a Giant ATX mountainbike frame. My neighbour had found it somewhere when he was out riding, he wasn't particularly interested in it for himself but since he knows that I'm into bikes he wondered if I wanted it. "Sure" I replied, thinking that if I won't be using it myself I could donate it to the bicycle kitchen. He didn't know much about the bicycle and neither do I. It's an aluminum frame, 26" wheels (I think), probably from 2013... Obviously someone took it to pillage for parts. So it misses... well, pretty much everything. And the parts that are left... well, the pedals look as if someone just went at them with a rock or something and the crankset is rusty and in a pretty bad state. It also has gotten a dent in the chainstay.

Well, either way, whatever I decide to do with it, I have to report it to the lost property office of the police first, and then wait for at least three months.Which means that I might not get to do anything with it, of course, but it's the right thing to do. If it is a 2013 frame someone might really miss it. And anyway, if it was my bike I know what I would want other people to do. But here it is right now.


 Man, did you hate these pedals?

 Fiona inspects the frame.


 She's very thorough!



 The dent in the chainstay.
 The frame still looks pretty straight, though...



An Acera front derailleur, a rusty crankset and a dry leaf.

Ride safe and take care of your bicycles!

No comments:

Post a Comment