Tuesday 17 February 2015

Been there, done that



A couple of days ago I spotted this bike. At first it looked like a pretty regular everyday bike, repainted, some new components, no luggage carrier... Upon closer inspection the shifter cable was mounted really weird - along the top tube instead of along the down tube (I guess it works, though), the paint was chipped and there were rust spots everywhere... and there was this gash in the seat stay.


Now I have been there. When I renovated Marisol I decided to saw off the welded lock, and I managed to saw a gash into the seat stay in the process. I was saved later on, fortunately. This gash, on this bike, might be less dangerous than the one I had on Marisol and I still used that bike. So maybe I shouldn't say anything. But you, bike owner, whoever you are... Be careful!

Ride safe, all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment